Life seems so financially driven. Everything is about profit. What happens if you are concerned about another and want to check on them?
Being concerned about another’s safety and well being it was vital that someone do a welfare check. One made a report to make sure they were safe. They were informed of my concern and they picked up the report.
As they read it they noted that I requested a “welfare check”. Being that this person was a concrete thinker he assumed a “welfare check” meant something far from safety and concern.
A “check” meant money. His psychologist asked him to explain what they thought a “welfare check” was. His interpretation was a check of “X” number of dollars.
When that person saw their psychologist they stated “they are after my money”. They sent someone to do a “welfare check”. The psychologist informed the person that a “welfare check” was to make sure they were safe and it had nothing to do with “finances or money”.
I can see how “check” could have a double meaning. Sometimes it’s hard for others to believe someone is caring enough to check on safety and well-being. Life really isn’t all about money.
He learned a “welfare check” is a good thing, and others do care. Every time he writes a check he thinks of the “welfare check” that had no monetary value. He wonders if the people who do “welfare checks” also write “checks” to pay his bills? He believes that would also be a form of “welfare check”, as it takes alot of stress off a person! He has a point!
Have you tried to help someone and they totally misinterpreted your good faith?
- What laughter can do for you (reflectionswithrhonda.com)
- Laughter perception networks in brain different for mocking, joyful or ticklish laughter (medicalxpress.com)
- Laughter … great article i found (jenniferkswp.wordpress.com)
- Laughter (themotherofnine9.wordpress.com)
- Every physician will admit that laughter is the best medicine for this earth. Laughter yields magical brings about aiding faster cure and in keeping people in good health. There are infinite nutrients that funny jokes is capable of. In an unfamiliar situa (sgblogging.wordpress.com)
- Therapeutic Laughter: Why? What? Who? and How? (laughterlawyerusa.wordpress.com)
- Laugh Yourself Spiritual (mistytolle.wordpress.com)
- Laughter (myeverydaypsychology.com)
**********All material presented on Brain Injury Self Rehabilitation (BISR) is copyright and cannot be, copied, reproduced, or distributed in any way without the express, written consent of Edith E. Flickinger, BSN RN.