Welcome to braininjuryselfrehabilitation or Brain Injury Self Rehabilitation (BISR) . This site is to help one recover independently from traumatic brain injury, brain dysfunction issues, stroke, or any number of ailments and disease processes after the sudden or acute phase. In the chronic phase you are expected to have a routine and others don’t see anything wrong with you so you must be better right? Not so…and you might feel very alone.This is especially a difficult time. Every day is unpredictable. You will get better, and even though one does not know how long it will take we will make it an easier road to haul.
The Brain Injury Self Rehabilitation (BISR) site is for everyone: Men, Women, Children, Caregivers, or Injured. This is also for our Veterans who have served our Country and fought for our Freedom, Nurses and Healthcare providers…or just the inquisitive.
It is important that everyone be the best they can be, also known as your Optimal Level of Functioning. Here we try to help you through those difficult times.
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Chronic Issues following injury, Illness, Disease, and Promote Health.
- Educate and Prevent Complications to Health Issues
- Weekly Tips to Help with Self Rehabilitation
- Patient Issues and Healthcare System
- Nurses and Healthcare Violence
- Self story over 20 years following injury & life experiences before injury
- Personal Health Stories of Readers
- Laughter as Medicine
- Simple tips for various health issues
- Other Topics to Advocate for Patients and Families
- Links to Various Resources
- Active Comment Section for One-On-One Responses
Here is the easiest way to get around this site:
1. To Read a Blog/Post: Click on the link to the right of the Post you want to read. Look in the Archives to see what was listed.
2. To Read Specific Links: Click on the Page/Link Button under the Main picture on the Home Page. You will find related links that will take you directly to other related sites.
3. Looking for a Specific Category: Click on the category you would like to read.
4. Want to read what others are saying or doing: Click on the comment or all the comments you would like to read.
5. Feel free to leave a Comment below the Post you are reading.
6. Click on the “Follow” button and put your email address in. You will be notified every time a new post occurs. This is the best way to remain updated.
7. Also click on the “Like” button, if you thought the Post was helpful or you simply Liked it!
YOU CAN DO IT…AND WE WILL HELP! YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
LET’S BE AS HEALTHY AS CAN BE! STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE.
The following will be shared throughout this site: A Rehabilitation Registered Nurse assaulted at work gets treatment after nearly 2 decades. A documented journey through America’s healthcare, legal, insurance, and Worker’s Compensation system for an ordinary American, mother, spouse, nurse and family.
How this determined nurse restored her life through self rehabilitation. Living just 20 miles from world renowned healthcare facilities turned to nearly 20 years and 200 miles away before proper treatment. Many twists and turns in this cold and complex case. This nurse speaks out to protect other nurses and healthcare workers all while advocating for patients through education. Now she is ready to help others through this process.
Posts will be made on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday’s will highlight the journey for two decades and before injury. The “before me” and “after me”! Wednesday’s will provide “Laughter as medicine”. Friday’s will give Simple Tips Dealing With Brain Injury, Chronic Illness, and other issues living day-to-day. These are practical and useful tips from one who has been there. All tips may not apply … but you are always welcome to let me know what you want addressed on a blog.