Please read this about Post-Diagnostic grief response. I believe everyone can relate to this in the midst of trying to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Explore this site at addandsomuch.com there are so many great articles that relate to chronic illness, brain dysfunctions of various degrees and TBI. Let me know what you think? What is helpful?
Remember – links on this site are dark grey to reduce distraction potential
while you’re reading. They turnredon mouseover.
Exploring the Post-Diagnostic Grief Response
(c) Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
Part of the Grief & Diagnosis Series – all rights reserved
Question: What do the following expressions
have in common?
- “Oh thank goodness! Now I can have a life!”
- “You think I have what?” “Why didn’t they find this out before?”
- “Why my child?”
- “He’s a perfectly normal BOY! Why do they have to pathologize everything?”
- “I don’t need medication, I just need to try harder now that I know what I’m dealing with.”
- “Those @#$% doctors don’t know anything!”
- “If only I’d known this earlier, my life would have been completely different!”
- “Tell my boss? Are you nuts?”
View original post 2,191 more words